Are you an energetic, intuitive, detail-oriented meteorologist who wants to turn your forecasting and programming skills into business solutions? You could become the newest addition to our team. At Weather or Not, a leader in Midwest commercial weather consulting services, you’ll work directly with construction projects, snow crews, schools, recreation, International Airports, MLB and MLS teams.
- B.S. in Meteorology or military equivalent experience is required
- Sharp analytical skills with a strong understanding of Midwest weather patterns and forecasting
- Superb written and verbal communication skills: must be able to simply explain the impact of complex weather systems on client’s projects while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task under pressure while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Strong computer skills using GEMPAK, GRAnalyst, GREarth, Bufkit, MS Office, Linux required. Experience with ArcGIS is preferred
- Experience with programming and database management is preferred (i.e. C++, C#, Java, PEARL, PHP, Python, MATLAB, SQL, R, etc.)
- Knowledge of Air Quality Forecasting, such as ground level ozone is a plus
- Expertise in developing a WRF model, weather apps, and/or web-based weather solutions is a plus
- Innovative thinking with developing digital solutions to weather impacts is preferred
- Keen eye for customer service
- Demonstrated work ethic and professionalism
To apply, please send cover letter, resume (including references) and salary requirements to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Mail: Mr. Sullivan Brown
Weather or Not, Inc.
6100 Neiman Road, Suite 200
Shawnee, KS 66203
Salary will be commensurate with education, knowledge, skills and abilities. A comprehensive benefits package is available. Please do not call or apply in person.
Weather or Not, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer