Weather or Not helps companies increase profits and improve safety by delivering accurate and critical weather information through an individual partnership with our experienced meteorologists.
Who would have thought that Kansas City's nationally renowned groundskeeper, George Toma, would be the catalyst for Weather or Not's success? It was a discussion with Toma that inspired Weather or Not founder, Sara Croke, to start a 24/7 weather consulting service that delivers custom forecasts to companies whose business needs depend on the weather. A year after forecasting for Toma in the 1985 World Series, Croke left local television weather forecasting to begin Weather or Not. Initially the company started with clients including the Kansas City International Airport, the City of Kansas City, Kansas and several local concrete construction companies.
Today, the company has grown into a seasoned team of experienced meteorologists who we call our A+ Weather Team. Our team proudly works with corporate facilities, construction companies, schools, public works and parks and recreation departments to deliver the most accurate weather before it happens. Weather or Not's unique weather alerts enable companies to make the professional decisions their businesses depend upon.
Our clients receive accurate, custom weather forecasts and updates, with an emphasis on personal service. We know that when your business depends on the weather, time is money and every second counts. Through a partnership with our weather consultants, clients are notified directly with critical weather information in accordance to the threshold of their business' needs.
While it seems easy to rely on computers to track the weather, Weather or Not realizes the importance of applying human intelligence and a personal approach to the development of forecasts and alerts. For this reason, our weather consulting team is comprised of experienced meteorologists who track and analyze weather data, while incorporating scientific knowledge to produce custom weather forecasts. Ultimately, our service increases awareness, lead–time, profitability, and improves on the job safety for companies by making them aware of the weather before it happens.
Awards & Honors:
- Kansas Small Business Development Center 2010 Existing Business of the Year
- Helzberg Entrepreneurial Mentoring Program (HEMP)
- The Kansas City Business Journal's “Women Who Mean Business”
- Kansas Department of Commerce “Woman–Owned Business of the Year”, Professional Services
- Kansas City Small Business Monthly, “25 Under 25”
- Athena Powerlink Advisory Panel, Recipient
- US Chamber of Commerce, Blue Chip Enterprise Award
- American Meteorological Society, National and Kansas City Chapter Member
- American Public Works Association (APWA) National & Local Chapters
- APWA Snow and Equipment Training Expo
- MO-KAN Streets Association